Dinner #6?
  Re: (...)
Hi Everyone,
Shall we plan another online dinner? Just for the record, I think so far we've done beef brisket, pork chops and fish dishes. Internationally we've had Asian and Mexican. Who's got an idea for what to try next. C'mon my friends pull out those back issues and let's have some suggestions
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Dinner #6? by farnfam (Hi Everyone,[br] Sha...)
Oooh, lets!! I'm at work so I don't have access to past issues...
What are you thinking about Cynthia????
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Dinner #6? by farnfam (Hi Everyone,[br] Sha...)
I was going to suggest something Italian, but I guess we already did that with the lasagna, right? How about something Indian? I LOVE Indian food!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by TwilightKitten (I was going to sugge...)
I've never made an Indian dish. That'd be interesting to try, as long as it isn't a lamb dish . I was born in Texas and I guess I inherited the cattlemen's aversion to sheep I begin gagging before it ever gets to my mouth.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by bjcotton (I've never made an I...)
Aww heck Billy, no lambikins. The sheep here outnumber the people by 10 to 1. This a sheep laden country. Positively dripping with sheep. But rest assured we do have chooks, ducks, quail, beef, Pork, venison, ostrich, even allargator if you fancy it. ;Þ
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by vannin (Aww heck Billy, no l...)
How about we do a French dish...Beef Bourguignon? That's one of my favorite dishes.

I'll try MOST anything Dale, but 'gator stretches my limits.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by bjcotton (How about we do a Fr...)
How about Belgian--beef carbonnade, moules, twice fried potatoes, ale, brussel sprouts, crusty bread---to name a few.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by Old Bay (How about Belgian--b...)
That sounds terrific OB. Although I love Indian too.

And Billy m'love, thank goodness you wouldn't care for 'gater. After going to Australia Zoo the idea is even less appealing. Appalling even. Glutch. Erk.
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by Old Bay (How about Belgian--b...)
Could you post the beef recipe please? The rest all sounds good to me. I might even give making the bread a try

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner #6? by TwilightKitten (I was going to sugge...)
I love Indian also - you guys decide and I'll do whatever, but I'll need recipes, still on the road. (Belgian sounds O.K. also - unless it's getting too warm for long cooking dishes in most parts of the country...)It's 93 in Portland, for heaven's sake!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com