Explanation Needed Maybe?
  Re: (...)
Word of mouth is spreading about C@H forum among a number of folks who are already acquainted. We met through another forum and we wanted to branch out to see what else is going on in the world. So, hope no one feels we're inundating this forum with a gang. We're just all foodies who like one another and love to spread our wings by meeting more and more folks.

I've had the pleasure of meeting and cooking with BillyJ (BJ) and Sharon (Harborwitch) many times. They both even came to my going away party when we left California!

Wait till they both start tossing out their recipes, well BillyJ already has, they are both great cooks and fun, fun people. There may even be more lurking out there.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by cjs (Word of mouth is spr...)
I participate in a couple of others but I'm not sure I recognize anyone here yet. This one is fun, another is quite informative but pretty dry, one is full of professionals and good advice, and another is almost more political than it is about cooking.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by Old Bay (I participate in a c...)
Do you have the same s/n on the others? I saw an Old Bay on Cook's Illustrated, I think it was. Tee, hee...I lurk on so many boards, I get them all mixed up sometimes!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by TwilightKitten (Do you have the same...)
I use the same name on all the forums I participate in/on. I'm not in the same class as cjs or Harborwitch as a cook, but I do awright
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by TwilightKitten (Do you have the same...)
That's me. I'm not the same everywhere however.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by bjcotton (I use the same name ...)
I'm not sure I'm in the same league as CJS but it's sure fun trying!

Billy is a prolific cook, always trying, and full of curiosity! Oh, did I mention, a ton of fun!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure I'm in ...)
Hey,
As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier! We're all on here for "cooking" reasons! I love recipes, I love food, and I love people.... I live for great food and reliable critiques. I would give so much to be a professional chef...and so, personal experience and knowledge of others means a lot! Bring it!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by Bizymomma (Hey, [br]As far as I...)
Yes, the more the merrier, quite right. So many spheres of interest and experience. Quite wonderful. It really is amazing what turns up from those allowed to speak.
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by vannin (Yes, the more the me...)
An anon was looking at this. Looks like this was just before I joined all the fun. Looks like Sharon and Bill and Billy were new too.

How fun!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Explanation Needed Maybe? by luvnit (An anon was looking ...)
and me, also. I felt like we were invading - the reason for the post initially.

Oh God, remember VAnnin and her rants??? As they say, we've come a long way, Baby!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com