Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns
  Re: (...)
Well, finally, here they are:

[Image: chelseabuns.jpg]

For those who missed the recipe link I posted earlier, HERE it is.

These were delicious. I'm so happy I finally made them. This recipe is a keeper and the dough, itself, is superb. Of course, the dough IS this recipe, since everything else comes from leftovers made from your own recipes and/or from things you bought at the store. In this case, I had roasted the turkey just so I could have leftovers for trying different things (including this recipe). The cranberry sauce was the canned one with whole cranberries from (of all brands) IGA. The stuffing is based upon how my dad has made Thanksgiving sage-and-onion stuffing for decades, but with a few changes for where I live. He uses Jimmy Dean sausage, I made homemade, copycat "Jimmy Dean" sausage. He uses fresh mushrooms, I forgot about those (since the store in which I was buying everything else is not the store that carries (when they DO have them) mushrooms, so I wound up with no mushrooms. He uses the store-bought, pre-seasoned, Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes, I couldn't get that (although it HAS been available here, at times), so I made my own croutons from [deliberately] day-old bread, oil, rubbed sage. thyme. oregano, salt, pepper and a tiny bit of cayenne.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by labradors (Well, finally, here ...)
Drooling! Well done, Labs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by Gourmet_Mom (Drooling! Well done...)
This looks very good - can't wait to try them

Could you make gravy for them ? or eat just plain. ?
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by mjkcooking (This looks very good...)
Interesting concept----hmmm.....maybe on my bucket list!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by Roxanne 21 (Interesting concept-...)
These do look good and it popped into my head this might be a good filling for Beerox/Bierox - an old family favorite.

I hadn't copied the recipe before, but did this a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by cjs (These do look good a...)
Marye, I thought about gravy, too, since the exposed part of the dough looks dry (especially that one that you can tell came from the end from which I didn't trim the excess). An egg-wash glaze also came to mind. Ultimately, I tried them just on their own, at first and they were quite good that way, but I do plan to try gravy on the next one I have - probably on that end piece. Otherwise, inside, they didn't taste as dry as those outer parts look.

Jean, that sounds good, too. I really liked this dough and I'm sure just about any filling that wouldn't make it fall apart during the rolling up should be fine. Considering how easily this rolled up with cranberry sauce, chunks of turkey and chunks of stuffing, it can probably withstand quite a bit.
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by labradors (Marye, I thought abo...)
Wow, that's impressive, Labs. Looks delicious, too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by Mare749 (Wow, that's impressi...)
Had one with gravy on it for lunch. Excellent!
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by labradors (Had one with gravy o...)
Those look wonderful, Labs! What a great idea.
  Re: Re: Review: Turkey, Stuffing & Cranberry Chelsea Buns by karyn (Those look wonderful...)

Labs will try next time I have Turkey - great idea and the gravy too.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.