T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu?

We're having a shrimp & feta pasta dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Jane is with family in South Carolina so I'm eating mostly simple things that are not her favorites. Yesterday minestrone, tonight, okra,tomatoes and onions with sausage.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by Old Bay (Jane is with family ...)
Absolutely nothing is sounding good to me today. I think I'm getting a cold. Anyway, found a sandwich recipe in my binder we liked a few years ago - roast beef with lemon-basil mayonnaise, roasted red onions and arugula.

And Marie Callendar's is having a pie sale so I'm picking up a pumpkin pie.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by Trixxee (Absolutely nothing i...)
I don't have a clue....hopefully I can get inspired looking around at old posts!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by karyn (I don't have a clue....)
Me too I'm running around cleaning and getting ready for company tomorrow. I just don't want anything to eat so I can't think of anything to cook
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by farnfam (Me too I'm running a...)
Must be the mood day----or should I say the moon!! I'm not hungry either...I need motivation
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu?[...)
Have no clue. Not even in the mood for Chinese.

But! My new saute pans are awaiting me at home!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by BarbaraS (Have no clue. Not e...)
What is wrong with some of us? Blane is going to come in here later and make us all look WEAK!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by Trixxee (What is wrong with s...)
Yes, he will!! darn kids!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/12/12?? by Trixxee (What is wrong with s...)
Quote:

What is wrong with some of us? Blane is going to come in here later and make us all look WEAK!

I had a hard time deciding also. Which kind of steak to cook? How to cook it? What sauce to make for it? What will my side dish be? OK, the last one is a no brainer, ASPARAGUS!!! To go with the asparagus I chose the Seared Steak Strips with mushroom sauce from the new Cuisine for Two.