Review: Caesar Salad Nachos w/ Rotisserie Chicken
  Re: (...)
Since we didn't set an official date for any of the nachos - only to try at least one of them as something to review somewhat mid-month, I made the Caesar Salad Nachos with Rotisserie Chicken tonight, and WOW! They were gooooood!

First of all the dressing is definitely a keeper and I would easily choose it over any bottled Caesar dressing any day. What a beautiful combination of ingredients. I'm really glad I requested this recipe.

Notes about the experience:
  1. This makes about a metric tonne of nachos, so it's a good idea, if you're going to make the whole recipe for only one or two people, to deep fry only the needed amount of tortillas so that you can fry the remainder of the tortillas freshly the next time.
  2. When sprinkling the fried tortillas with salt, keep in mind the saltiness of the dressing and the Parmesan so that you don't overdo it.
  3. If you can't get anchovy paste, use four (4) anchovy fillets in place of the two (2) teaspoons of anchovy paste.
  4. Here, I can get freshly made tortillas (flour or corn) just about anywhere, so those are the flour tortillas I used. Not only are they fresher than the typical, packaged tortillas, but also thicker - what some would call gorditas. They fried up beautifully, so if you can get freshly made gorditas. instead of the paper-thin things one would use for wrap sandwiches, I recommend it.
  5. Near the end of my fiscal month, I was a little short on funds so, after getting the items that I needed for this that weren't already in my pantry (especially since I had just run out of olive oil), I couldn't buy the suggested, whole gallon of oil for the deep frying. Instead, I used just a litre of corn oil in a large sauté pan, and didn't have any problems. Am so glad I didn't waste a whole gallon of oil!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Review: Caesar Salad Nachos w/ Rotisserie Chicken by labradors (Since we didn't set ...)
Joan made these for her boys and said they were wonderful, and not a single chip left. She baked her chips rather than fry them.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Review: Caesar Salad Nachos w/ Rotisserie Chicken by labradors (Since we didn't set ...)
Oh, I can't wait to try this one! I'm counting on the dressing to be as good as the one for the Parmesain Roulades. So this, chicken wings, and the pot roast/stew slow cooker recipe go on the menu for the rest of the week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Caesar Salad Nachos w/ Rotisserie Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I can't wait to ...)
Looking forward to making this one. I roasted off two whole chickens yesterday that I got for under $5.00, so I have lots of meat. Always looking for something fun to serve in the winery Tasting Room, and I think this may fit the bill. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Review: Caesar Salad Nachos w/ Rotisserie Chicken by Lorraine (Looking forward to m...)
Afraid we were underwhelmed by these nachos and really can't put my finger on exactly what was wrong. We like all the ingredients, but together, uh-uh. Dare I say (immodestly ), I like my 'salad' Nachos better.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Caesar Salad Nachos w/ Rotisserie Chicken by cjs (Afraid we were under...)
I can only eat Nachos if I pull a few off DH s plate. But i'd really like to love them.