Question re Ebelskivers
  Re: (...)
How long after preparing ebelskivers can you wait to serve them. In other words, for example, if I'm wanting to take them to a morning coffee at 10 a.m., will bge ebelskivers still be nice and fresh at 10?
  Re: Question re Ebelskivers by sophia (How long after prepa...)
What time are you planning on making them?? I have found that putting them in a warm bowl with a towel over the top works for short times - but they are best freshly made.

Are you using a yeast dough? I made them for Bob and Billy this weekend - they sure were good, although I had a bi#%h of a time getting that glass cooktop to hold the right temp. I think the guys didn't even mind too much that some of them got cold.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by Harborwitch (What time are you pl...)
well, crap - I still haven't gotten my stuff out of the box it came in.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by cjs (well, crap - I still...)
Jean! Fire that puppy up and let the feast begin. We found that the cinnamon apple jelly and sugar free apricot were the best - simply because there was no raspberry in the house
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Well, heck Jean! Forward that joker to me and I'll give it a try!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by Gourmet_Mom (Well, heck Jean! Fo...)
After talking with my daughter I decided against it. Keeping them warm would be the biggest problem, but since I planned to use a filling, also, they would definitely get soggy. Thanks for your responses.
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by sophia (After talking with m...)
Sophia - we never fill them in the pan, always with "puddles" of jam, jelly, and/or sugars to be scooped up with the aebelskivers. I gave thought to fillings (as per the latest versions) but always revert to the original. They are so good!
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by Harborwitch (Sophia - we never fi...)
You're right, Sharon - maybe if I put the box in the kitchen, I'll remember to try them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by cjs (You're right, Sharon...)
Jean . . out of the box and onto the stove! If you leave it in the box it will get "put out of the way" and if it's on the stove it's going to be THERE to use.
  Re: Re: Question re Ebelskivers by Harborwitch (Jean . . out of the ...)
True dat, Jean. I keep mine on one of the trivets attached to the wood stove, that way it's already "prewarmed" when I get the 'skivers and sausage urge for a Saturday brunch. Champangne would be such a nice addition, but I worry cuz' James usually goes out with the chainsaw after brunch Probbly not a good combination.
Cis
Empress for Life