Crab/Gruyere Dip
  Re: (...)
We found one of these in a magazine, recently, and now can't find it. Does anybody know one or have you seen one lately. Really sounded good.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by Old Bay (We found one of thes...)
This is my go to crab dip. It uses Swiss cheese instead of Gruyere, but it would be a logical substitute. This is the best so far in my search for the perfect hot crab dip recipe. I continue to try new ones, but the family keeps telling me to go back to this one.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Blue Crab Dip

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup butter
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 garlic clove -- minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup half and half
2 cups swiss cheese -- shredded
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 pound lump crabmeat
Crackers or toast points

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add green onions and garlic, and sauté until tender. Stir in flour, and cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in half-and-half and next 3 ingredients.

Gently fold in crabmeat without breaking up lumps. Pour into a lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.

Source: Ashley Strickland, Coastal Living, APRIL 2006
S(Internet Address):

"http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe

&recipe_id=1173726"

Serving Ideas : Serve with crackers or toast points. I prefer toast points.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by Gourmet_Mom (This is my go to cra...)
This looks good...thanks for sharing Mom...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by firechef (This looks good...th...)
The family is waiting for me to start a movie, but it seems to me that in the most recent C@H issue is a brie crab meat dip of some sort. I can look it up later if you need.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by Gourmet_Mom (This is my go to cra...)
We like it!!
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by chef_Tab (The family is waitin...)
Quote:

The family is waiting for me to start a movie, but it seems to me that in the most recent [Email]C@H[/Email] issue is a brie crab meat dip of some sort. I can look it up later if you need.

Thanks so much, we were going to use that one, but then saw the one with gruyere--I like the one from the Southern Belle because I like the cheese!!
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
You're welcome, son!

Bill, I've searched and searched. I know I DON'T like the ones with mayo and could never get the cheesy (dang...how you spell that?) flavor I was looking for with ones with cream cheese. Then I found this one. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

DARN! Now I'll have to make this soon....I had planned to wait for Christmas....LOL! It'll have to be on T-day. Ashley would have a fit if I made it when she wasn't here....LOL!

Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think I am gonna try this one this weekend. Having company and doing appetizers before dinner. Did you try this Old Bay? How did your company receive it? Which cheese did you use?

Just wondering.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by luvnit (I think I am gonna t...)
It was really good--we used Gruyere.
  Re: Re: Crab/Gruyere Dip by Old Bay (It was really good--...)
does sound good with the gruyere.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com