Cheeseburger Soup
  Re: (...)
Forgive me if this has been asked or posted about before but I tried a search and didn't come up with anything. Has anyone made this soup? How was it? I believe it's from the Splendid Soup book.

Thanks!
  Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Trixxee (Forgive me if this h...)
Trixxee, I remember some talking about a cheeseburger something, but can't remember if it was the soup or the pizza? I haven't made it. I'll go check and see if I see anything.

The one I remembered was the pizza from TwighlightKitten. I remembered her saying her husband wondered why she didn't just make cheeseburgers...hee hee! But I pressed on and found where she also reviewed the soup: Some Long Overdue Reviews
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, I remember ...)
Thank you for finding that!
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Trixxee (Thank you for findin...)
Hope it helps! You'll have to let us know how it works out for you.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Hope it helps! You'...)
I made this soup and it was really good.

In fact--now that you mention it I'd like to make it again!
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Chefelle (I made this soup and...)
Hi Debbie! Good to see you on! How goes the bakery?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Chefelle (I made this soup and...)
Quote:

I made this soup and it was really good.

In fact--now that you mention it I'd like to make it again!

Recipe, please?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The recipe is in the Splendid Soups book.

Hey Daphne! I got your e-mail--was hoping to get a chance to answer it today.

Things are going well at the bakery. Orders are piling in like crazy for Christmas. I was shocked by how much people actually order. The average order ranges around $200! Mind you---I did branch into a lot of savoury items, hot and cold app platters, chocolates, specialty cakes and cheesecakes, etc so I have a very large product line to choose from. I'm bringing in two chef friends of mine to assist me Christmas week. Between the three of us and my new baker's assistant we can keep up production around the clock until the big day. We close Christmas Eve day at 1 pm. I plan to be in bed and fast asleep by 2 pm--ha! ha!

I have to say I'm looking forward to Christmas being over! But no complaints--it's all good!
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Chefelle (The recipe is in the...)
Does that mean we may see you around here more often AFTER Christmas??? Certainly not before!

With the economy the way it is down here, I would count my blessings that those big orders are coming in the way they are for you! While the next three weeks are brutal at the inn, there are a lot of the Christmas parties that have yet to book and probably are not going to. We have even had weddings that have cancelled.
  Re: Re: Cheeseburger Soup by Chefelle (The recipe is in the...)
Quote:

The recipe is in the Splendid Soups book.

Okay, that would be one C@H book I don't have.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.