Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe!
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have the Cuisine at Home recipe for Teriyaki Flank Steak? It was in an issue a few years back, and it was in a section on how to grill flank steak, I believe (but I could be wrong on that!). The marinade is soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, etc. We are in the process of selling our house and I didn't intend to pack that particular issue, but I can't find it and I'm thinking it ended up in a box in storage.... I wanted to make it for dinner tomorrow night. Any help appreciated!
-jenni

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." Virginia Woolf
  Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by jenni (Does anyone have the...)
Is this the one you want?

* Exported from MasterCook *

Teriyaki Strip Steak

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Beef-Veal

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Combine for the Sauce:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 T. fresh ginger -- minced
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
Pat Dry -- Season, Saute in 1 T. Peanut Oil:
4 strip steaks (8 oz. each) -- patted dry
Salt and pepper

Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, and pepper flakes for the teriyaki sauce; set aside.

Pat steaks dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan over medium-high, add oil, and swirl to coat. Saute seasoned steaks 3 minutes per side. Add sauce to the pan and allow to reduce to a syrup, about 3 minutes. Remove steaks and sauce to rest and keep warm. Shown with Stir-fry vegetables.

To get the best browning on the steaks, sear steaks in a very hot pan with minimum oil.

Adding the sauce and reducing it with the steaks makes a rich, thick glaze.

Source:
"Weeknight Menus, p. 43"

And, welcome to CAH
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by bjcotton (Is this the one you ...)
Unfortunately, that's not it. In my mind's eye, I can see the looong list of ingredients shown on the page, but I can't quite see the words. :-) But thanks for the quick response!
-jenni

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." Virginia Woolf
  Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by jenni (Unfortunately, that'...)
Just looked at the annual indices, and the recipe I'm after is Teriyaki Fired Beef Wraps in Issue 47. (if that helps!)
-jenni

Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by jenni (Just looked at the a...)
here you go, jenni - these sound really good!

Teriyaki Fired Beef Wraps
(Cuisine at home, August 2004, Issue 46, p. 11)

Makes: 8 Wraps Total Time: 40 Minutes + Marinating Rating: Intermediate

For the Marinade—
Combine; Add:
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 T. garlic, minced
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. toasted sesame oil
1 T. ketchup
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1 flank steak (1 1/2 lb.), scored

For the Sauce—
Boil; Strain:
Reserved marinade

For the Wraps—
Prepare:
8 large napa cabbage or romaine lettuce leaves, thick stems removed
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
1 cup carrot, julienned
1 cup sugar snap or snow peas
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves

Related Recipes:
Mongolian Barbecue

Combine first 8 ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Score steak, add to bag, seal, and chill at least 2 hours. Remove steak, reserving marinade for the sauce; pat dry. Preheat grill to high.

Boil marinade in a saucepan for 10 minutes, or until thick; strain. Grill steak about 6 minutes; flip and baste with sauce. Grill 5 minutes, then flip and baste again. Allow steak to rest 5 min., then slice into thin strips.

Prepare remaining ingredients, arranging each in separate bowls. To serve, have each person assemble their own wrap: Start with a cabbage leaf, then add some beef and vegetables, and drizzle with the reduced sauce.
------

Mongolian Barbecue
(Cuisine at home, August 2004, Issue 46, p. 11)
Makes: 3 Cups Total Time: 40 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

For the Teriyaki Marinade—
Combine; Add:
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 T. garlic, minced
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. toasted sesame oil
1 T. ketchup
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1 flank steak (1 1/2 lb.), scored

For the Sauce—
Boil; Strain:
Reserved marinade

For the Mongolian Barbeque—
Stir-fry in 2 T. Vegetable Oil:
1 cup red onion, slivered
1/2 bunch scallions, cut into 2

Add; Toss:
1/2 - 3/4 lb. slices of cooked Teriyaki Fired Beef
1/2 cup reduced Teriyaki Fired Beef sauce

Serve over:
2 cups hot cooked Asian noodles or white rice

Garnish with:
Orange zest
Chopped roasted peanuts

Combine first 8 ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Score steak, add to bag, seal, and chill at least 2 hours. Remove steak, reserving marinade for the sauce; pat dry. Preheat grill to high.

Boil marinade in a saucepan for 10 minutes, or until thick; strain. Grill steak about 6 minutes; flip and baste with sauce. Grill 5 minutes, then flip and baste again. Allow steak to rest 5 min., then slice into thin strips.

Stir-fry onions and scallions in oil in a large skillet, 3 minutes.

Add steak; heat 1 minute. Toss with teriyaki sauce.

Serve over hot Asian noodles or white rice.

Garnish with orange zest and chopped roasted peanuts.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by cjs (here you go, jenni -...)
Thank you, thank you!!! This is indeed the recipe I was looking for, and the steak is delicious (we never do the wraps!).
-jenni

Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by jenni (Thank you, thank you...)
Um, how do I get rid of the "stranger" title on my posts? :-)
-jenni

Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by jenni (Um, how do I get rid...)
"Um, how do I get rid of the "stranger" title on my posts? " - keep posting...and one day you too, shall be a "poo bah" or however the he-- it's spelled.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by cjs ("Um, how do I get ri...)
Thanks for the info. Now I know what to put in my signature!
-jenni

Re: Re: Help! Need Teriyaki Flank Steak recipe! by jenni (Um, how do I get rid...)
Quote:

Um, how do I get rid of the "stranger" title on my posts?

Keep posting "Stranger" and you will become an "Addict" and eventually a "Poo-Bah." Makes one wonder what the drinks were at the meeting when they chose the classifications!