Chocolate Bread Pudding
  Re: (...)
So, remember the discussion we had on how much vanilla was in the Chocolate Bread Pudding recipe? Well, I did contact someone from C@H and was told that the 2 tablespoons was not a misprint. I did make it with 2 T. and it was too strong for me. I didn't like that it tasted alcoholic.

Anyway, I tried the bread pudding again last night. I used 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons, and it was perfect. I might try 1 tablespoon next time, just to see if it makes any difference. lol...but after I saw how many calories are in a serving, I probably won't be making it soon....too bad because it was delicious!
Tammy
  Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by TwilightKitten (So, remember the dis...)
That bread pudding was the best!! I don't remember doing anything with the vanilla, but it seems unlikely that I added two tablespoons. I probbly thought I read it wrong due to old age and put in 2teaspoon cuz that seemed right. Whatever, it was delicious. I'm not even gonna look at the calories, way too scary. Why wreck a good thing
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by farnfam (That bread pudding w...)
Oh thanks guys for bringing up the Chocolate Bread Pudding again!! I've managed to stay away from this one...so far!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by farnfam (That bread pudding w...)
I could be wrong, but I think maybe you used vanilla yogurt in that one? Does that sound right? lol...and yeah, DON'T look at the calories if you ever want to eat it again.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by TwilightKitten (I could be wrong, bu...)
Right!! I did use vanilla yogurt cuz I forgot to buy milk. Geez Tammy thanks for jarring the old memory. What's gonna go next?? Don't answer that
ps Since I added yogurt that makes it healthy and cancels out the calories right?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by farnfam (Right!! I did use va...)
Of course it does Cis, it makes it a premium health food.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by vannin (Of course it does Ci...)
Could Y'all please post the recipe for us "newbies?" TIA
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by dollop (Could Y'all please p...)
I'm bumping this up in hopes of a recipe!!
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by dollop (I'm bumping this up ...)
Chocolate Bread Pudding
(Cuisine at home, Issue 55, p. 48-49)

Makes: One 9-inch Round (7 Cups) Total Time: About 1 1/2 Hours Rating: Easy

Melt:
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, cubed

Whisk Together; Pour over:
2 cups whole or 2% milk
3 eggs
2 T. vanilla extract
2 t. instant espresso powder
1/2 t. table salt
13 slices Texas toast, staled and cut into 1 inch cubes (1 lb.)

Fold in:
Chocolate mixture

Preheat oven to 350° coat a 9" springform pan with 1 T. softened unsalted butter.

Melt chocolate chips with the sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chips are smooth, about 8 minutes.

Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, espresso, and salt together and pour over bread cubes. Toss well so the bread absorbs most of the liquid and begins to lose its shape.

Fold the melted chocolate into the bread mixture, then transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the center springs back when gently pressed. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, remove the sides of the pan, and slice.

Nutrition Information (Per 1/10 recipe):
577 calories 42% calories from fat 27g total fat 79g carb. 426mg sodium 4g fiber 11g protein
Tammy
  Re: Re: Chocolate Bread Pudding by TwilightKitten (Chocolate Bread Pudd...)
Thank you so much for posting this! I did a search...guess I need to practice the search function more.

I appreciate it very much!