Cuisine at home Forums
Favorite Apple? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Favorite Apple? (/showthread.php?tid=89137)

Favorite Apple? - Trixxee - 10-27-2009

I am sure I am way behind the times, but I just discovered the joy of Honey Crisp apples. They are fantastic. Not cheap - I'm finding them for either $2.49 or $2.99 a pound but I think they're worth it. From what someone told me, they don't have a very long season so if you can find them, try one.

What's your favorite apple?

Re: Favorite Apple? - esgunn - 10-27-2009

I love honey crisp. My favorite apple. But very expensive!

Re: Favorite Apple? - cjs - 10-27-2009

I like them also and having been born in Washington, I'm almost required to mention Delicious!! But, I also love to work with Granny Smiths.

Re: Favorite Apple? - farnfam - 10-27-2009

A New York apple called MaCoun. A cross, I am told between a MacIntosh and a Courtland. Crispy, sweet and a little tart at the end, our all time fave

Re: Favorite Apple? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-27-2009

Braeburns are good! I don't think I've seen the honey crisp. I'll have to look around. Since they have a short season, I'm guessing they don't send them to my side of the country.

Re: Favorite Apple? - chef_Tab - 10-27-2009

Cis, I must look for this MaCoun since Macs and Courtlands are my favorites!!

Re: Favorite Apple? - Mare749 - 10-27-2009

Honeycrisp, for sure! I'll have to try the MaCoun, sounds tasty. I used to love Winesaps, but haven't seen them around for a while. Had some Golden Delicious that were outstanding too.

Favorite? Caramel apple!

Re: Favorite Apple? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-27-2009

"Favorite? Caramel apple!" LOL! I don't think that's the kind of apple she's talking about Maryann! I had an opportunity to get a candy apple at the carnival last night...home made, but passed...got a cupcake though...OIY!

Re: Favorite Apple? - BarbaraS - 10-27-2009

I've been buying Galas for me, but the Hubby loves Macintoshes!! Won't eat anyting but during the season!

Barbara

Re: Favorite Apple? - labradors - 10-27-2009

Royal Gala and Fuji.