Cuisine at home Forums
Sharon!! About That Cheese - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sharon!! About That Cheese (/showthread.php?tid=54487)

Sharon!! About That Cheese - cjs - 04-04-2008

Stopped in Central Market yesterday looking for (among other goodies) the cheese you and Bob had a while back -
Tartufo Moliterno (infused w/black truffles). Was disappointed to hear they do carry it, but were out of it.

But, they did have -

My label says Mitica “Sottoceniere” with Truffles, but when I googled it, only the below spelling showed up.

“Sottocenere means "under ashes" in Italian, and the cheese is actually buried in a mixture of ash and spices, notably cinnamon, allspice and clove (J’s note: another site also added nutmeg, ccoriander, licorice, fennel). This semi-soft cow's milk cheese also has a healthy dose of black and white truffle to give it a deliciously unusual flavor profile. Wine choices could be challenging, but light reds from Dolcetto to Pinot Noir would be worth a try.”

What a nice cheese this is!

Where are you Sharon and what are you up to?? You're not still sick are you?

Re: Sharon!! About That Cheese - bjcotton - 04-04-2008

She sounded terrible the last time I talked to her, a couple of weeks ago.

Re: Sharon!! About That Cheese - cjs - 04-07-2008

bringing this back up to the top now tht Sharon's back!

Re: Sharon!! About That Cheese - Harborwitch - 04-07-2008

Oh Jean - we've had this one too and until I tried the new one I thought this was my favorite cheese in the world. Of course that triple cream brie with the truffles was pretty d@mn good too! Absolute decadence but oh so necessary to life!