Cuisine at home Forums
Need Any Bay Leaves? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Need Any Bay Leaves? (/showthread.php?tid=32857)

Need Any Bay Leaves? - bjcotton - 05-19-2007

Here is a picture of my little bay tree. As you can see, it has enough leaves to supply almost the whole town with some...

[Image: BayTree-2.jpg]

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - Roxanne 21 - 05-19-2007

I sould take a pic of my BAY TREE!!!! It is huge!!!! I started it as a twig from a nursery about four years ago----it has taken off and become a MAJOR compliment to my herb garden---daughter Wendy always takes sprigs back when she visits and now she has her own BAY TREE!!!!! Indestructible!!! This supplies the restaurant that she is the PR person for--- South African connection!!!!

GREAT image Billy----mine is not in a pot but she is beautiful!!! Sure wish I could find a photographer---tee-hee!!!!!

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - Mare749 - 05-19-2007

Very nice, Billy! Is that your puppy in the picture too?

Maryann

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - bjcotton - 05-19-2007

Yes, that's my Buddy, as sweet a companion as you could ever want.

I put this one in a pot Roxanne, because I had read they get over 40 feet tall. This one is about 4 years old. Jean got me started...I say that a lot don't I?

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - farnfam - 05-19-2007

Don't tease like that Billy, just send me some ok
Cis

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - vannin - 05-19-2007

What a gorgeous little tree Billy. You are certainly set up there. I gave my sister a bay tree and she still has it, but it is puny, doesn't want to grow.

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - bjcotton - 05-19-2007

I just put mine in the 2 cubic feet planter and filled it with a good potting soil and you see what happened.

Re: Need Any Bay Leaves? - cjs - 05-20-2007

I finally topped mine a couple weeks ago - it was getting too tall. our trees could supply whole towns, you're right Billy!