Cuisine at home Forums
Cannes Trip no More - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cannes Trip no More (/showthread.php?tid=30250)

Cannes Trip no More - DFen911 - 03-24-2007

But I am ok with it.

After doing a lot soul searching I've opted not to go. It's a lot of money to spend, and thinking about what I would be experiencing I cannot justify the expense.

I had saved up money do a culinary business school and if I do France I can't do the other. So I had to decide which would benefit the business more.

After investing so much time and money in culinary school I had to choose the continued education.

Am I disappointed....yes. But I am at peace with my decision. Besides now I can spend 1/2 the funds, save the other half and hubby and I go together

Re: Cannes Trip no More - Mare749 - 03-24-2007

Denise, it sounds like you made the right decision for you. Yes, Cannes sounds very glitzy and exciting, but you're right, it would be expensive and it would be a real shame to miss out on the class you had previously mentioned, which will be invaluable to your business. And I don't blame you, I would rather go to France with my hubbie too! Keep us posted, we all love hearing about your exciting plans.

Maryann

Re: Cannes Trip no More - bjcotton - 03-24-2007

Hard decisions have do to be made! I am disappointed for you, but......just don't think you're going to get out of being picked on for various and sundry things. That was a brave decision to make. But I can still say I knew you when!

Re: Cannes Trip no More - cjs - 03-24-2007

Oh Denise, what a hard decision that had to have been!

O.K., now to the next chapter - when do these classes start? how long do they last?

I hope ______________ (don't know hubby's name ) gave you a big hug! Good luck, sweetie!

Re: Cannes Trip no More - Ron - 03-24-2007

Would Cannes have been educational and fun? Of course. Would it have helped your new business more than the class? Probably not. Good decision.

Re: Cannes Trip no More - foodfiend - 03-24-2007

Plenty of time for trips to France, Denise! It's good that you will be concentrating your efforts (and $$$) on starting your business. Then, after it's established, you can take a continuing-education trip (with DH!) to Europe.

You still ROCK... !!!

Re: Cannes Trip no More - vannin - 03-24-2007

A hard decision, but in view of you business direction, I think the right one for you. No-one can take the honour of being chosen to go though, there is proof in that pudding.

Re: Cannes Trip no More - Half_Baked - 03-25-2007

Geez, I never even contemplated that you'd have to pay for this yourself . You definately made the best decision in my opinion!

Re: Cannes Trip no More - vannin - 03-25-2007

Neither did I Jan, what an imposition, these Cannes people must think they are mighty fine people. I am betting the 'named' chefs are not paying for themselves.