Cuisine at home Forums
OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video (/showthread.php?tid=113131)

OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - luvnit - 12-12-2010

The blizzard collapses our Metrodome Stadium.

Video: Video inside the Dome when it collapses

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - Gourmet_Mom - 12-12-2010

I've been hearing about it all day, but that's the first video I've seen. WILD! How the heck are they going to fix that?

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - luvnit - 12-12-2010

Well it has happened before and they fixed it. Not sure how or how much it cost. They have been whining for a new stadium for years. I am sure they are going to get it, BUT who the heck thought an inflatable dome in MN was a good idea to begin with?!?! But the footage is cool.

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - karyn - 12-12-2010

That is a great video! I have always wondered about the Metrodome...I mean, if there are solid roofs over many of the domes in parts of the country where snow is rare and when it comes it rarely sticks, what were they thinking?

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - Mare749 - 12-12-2010

We were watching a news clip earlier that actually showed some people were in there at the time of the collapse. Hopefully, no one was injured.

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - cjs - 12-13-2010

Saw it on the news last night also. Wow.

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - Trixxee - 12-13-2010

Wow really does sum it up.

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - Harborwitch - 12-13-2010

We saw the footage on the news last night. WOW! Gotta agree - who thought a inflatable roof was a bright idea; although Bob wonders if it might be cheap and easy to fix?????

Favre got an extra day of rest! Giggle - oh, and does anyone believe that those poor football players had to spend the night in the airport???

Re: OT - MN blizzard Metrodome Collapses Video - labradors - 12-13-2010

Quote:

Bob wonders if it might be cheap and easy to fix?????

Yeah: at the next home game, every one who attends will get a free straw and they'll all help to inflate it again.